Gambling establishments continue to negatively affect our community by taking the necessary resources for personal gain. Since the legalization of gambling, our society is addicted in one way or another.
The following situations have occurred since gambling was legalized:
1) Illegal gambling increases even though gambling has been legalized.
2) Gambling addiction is increasing endlessly.
3) Gambling addiction rates are double for those who live near a gambling establishment.
4) Personal bankruptcy rates are higher in countries that have gambling establishments.
5) Crime rates are on the rise due to desperate people trying to recoup gambling losses.
6) Fraud and embezzlement become common among previously hardworking and highly trusted people.
7) Suicide rates among addicted gamers are higher than any other addiction.
8) Local businesses have lost income or have filed for bankruptcy.
9) Families lost all their resources because one spouse has a gambling addiction.
With each passing day, more and more people realize that someone around them lost their savings at the gambling establishment.
My town is twenty-nine miles from the nearest gambling establishment. On my block alone, more than fifty percent of people know someone who lost their life savings. On the same block, only twenty percent know someone close to them who has a drug addiction.
As you educate yourself, you begin to realize that there is a problem and something needs to be done before it gets out of hand.
Governments must take the time to realize that gambling addiction is a silent addiction and the negative effects are never felt in the short term. It is up to them to implement procedures to stop this addiction if it is not too late.
Mr. Howard Keith has extensive experience dealing with compulsive gamblers, family and friends of gamblers and teenage gamblers. Mr. Keith believes that there are UFABET many alternatives to aid in recovery from a gambling addiction versus a twelve-step program. A large percentage of his emails were from compulsive gamblers seeking an alternative to Gamblers Anonymous and twelve-step programs. Gamblers Anonymous also helps a significant number of people each year, but there is a large percentage that they cannot reach.